· Midterm 1 Exam Places are Announced
· MA219 Midterm1 Exam Contents:
§1.1, §1.3: Introduction, Direction Fields
Chapter 2. First Order Differential Equations
§2.2: Separable equations (also homogeneous equations - see p49 #30).
§2.1: Linear equations; Method of integrating factors.
§2.3: Modeling with first order equations
§2.4: Differences between linear and nonlinear equations
§2.6: Exact equations and integrating factors.
Chapter 7. Systems of First Order Linear Equations
§7.2: Review of matrices.
§7.3: Systems of linear algebraic equations; Linear independence, eigenvalues, eigenvectors.
§7.4: Basic theory of systems of first order linear equations.
§7.5: Homogeneous linear systems with constant coefficients.
§7.6: Complex eigenvalues.
§7.7: Fundamental matrices.
§7.8: Repeated eigenvalues.
§7.9: Nonhomogeneous linear systems (variation of parameters only).
· MA219 Midterm1 : November 18th at 13:30.
Exam places will be announced.
· Suggested problems are updated for 9th and 10th edition for text book.
· Student information system is online. (Please
check your sections.)